Before you think about signing into a Hotmail account, you should first have a Hotmail account created. If you do not have an account, then visit www.hotmail.com and choose the sign up for Hotmail account option. Follow the instructions one by one to create your Hotmail account. Once you have created a Hotmail account, the following are the easy steps involved in signing into the Hotmail inbox.
- Open the web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and then type www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com in the address bar.
- If you type hotmail.com in the address bar, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page. You can sign in to Hotmail from its page.
- You will come across two type boxes on the screen. Click inside the first type box to enter your username or email address. This will be @hotmail.com.
- Once done, move the cursor to the next type box and click inside it. Here, you will have to enter your Hotmail password. Make sure you are entering the exact password that you used when creating the Hotmail account.
- Finally, click on the sign in option and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox.
Use SSL encrypted login
- Hotmail provides the users the option to use SSL encrypted login for the various accounts. You will be able to use this by going to the account settings page at https://account.live.com/ManageSSL.
- You can also go to https://www.hotmail.com and when you are first signing in, you will be asked whether you want to do login using SSL always. Using the SSL will keep your Hotmail login secure from hackers.
- Using HTTPS will be highly useful if you regularly use public computers to access your account or when you use unsecure Wi-Fi connections. You can either opt for the automatic HTTPS connection or you can use them selectively by opting for “don’t use HTTPS automatically.
- If you are looking for temporary HTTPS, then you can enter https instead of http in front of the web address.
Use URL for login
There are many newsletters and emails which provide links to login to your Hotmail account. You should not use these links to access the Hotmail login. You can type in the URL https://www.hotmail.com or you can use mail.live.com to access Hotmail. This will prevent the fraudsters from accessing your Hotmail login details. Even though you go to the Hotmail URL, you will be directed to Outlook.com for accessing your Hotmail account as Hotmail has been rebranded as Outlook.com with Microsoft. The outlook is modern and offers complete privacy. You will be in total control of your personal conversations and data. It will work for various devices such as PC, smart phones, tablet, Mac, etc. Read More…
Creating Hotmail account
If you are new to Hotmail, then follow this simple step by step guide to easily create Hotmail account.
- Visit Hotmail’s official website page www.hotmail.com. You will automatically be directed to the Windows Live page.
- Locate sign up option and click on it. It will be seen in blue color and just below the login form.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft account creation page. You should fill up the form with basic as well as security information is asked to create a Hotmail account.
- Enter your personal details like first and last name, birthdate, gender, country/region, country code, phone number and alternate email address correctly in the appropriate boxes.
What to do after entering all the basic information? The most important and crucial segment of the Hotmail sign up-process follows.
Creating Hotmail account
In order to log in to Hotmail, you must first create a Microsoft account. If you are thinking as to how to create a Hotmail account, then you just need to see the instructions below.
The following are the steps you need to follow to easily create a Hotmail account.
- Visit the Microsoft sign in page using your web browser.
- As you are looking to create an account, look for the ‘sign up now’ option on the bottom half of the Microsoft sign in page and click on it.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft create an account page.
- Here, you need to fist key in your first name, followed by your desired username and the password that you would like to use for the account. Also, reenter the password once more.
- Next, you need to fill in a few personal particulars as asked for in the appropriate boxes.
- Make sure you enter your alternate email address and your phone number correctly so that you get your password delivered in them if you loose it.
- Finally, enter the security code provided at the bottom to show that you are a human looking to open a Microsoft account.
- Then click on ‘create account’ to complete signing up for Microsoft.
Now that you have created your Microsoft account, you need to see the following information in Read More…
Those who have Hotmail accounts have probably been using the service for a long time. Though Hotmail has undergone several domain changes, the association of the first web based free email service has kept many people loyal users of this email service even when there were several flaws found in Hotmail like a weak security feature, lack of advanced email facilities as offered by the competitors and so forth.
Signing in Hotmail process
Today when you wish to access your existing Hotmail account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- There are several domains through which Hotmail has been accessed by the users over the past years. For instance, Hotmail was firstly found on its own domain as well as MSN after it was taken over by Microsoft. Soon Microsoft moved it to the Live domain. Today the latest platform where all email services of Microsoft are housed is the Outlook domain where Hotmail users are also redirected to. A user does not need to remember these details as no matter which domain one visits, there is a redirection link to the Outlook domain.
- Once you come into the Outlook domain, you need not be confused when you do not find Hotmail mentioned anywhere. Most users have been informed of this change and they are aware of the same. In case one is not aware, they can simply type in their Hotmail address and password and then proceed to be redirected to their inbox.
- There are certain points to note at the time of logging into one’s Hotmail account through the Outlook platform. The full email addresses needs to be typed in and the password in the right case as well.
After this one can access their inbox as before through Outlook platform has offered several new features of Hotmail users. There might occur certain issues at the time of logging in, which can be Read More…
Hotmail was one of the first web based email services that were introduced in the nineties and today it has become part of the offerings of Microsoft. Those who have held onto their Hotmail account for decades can continue to do so, though there have been changes that have been brought about on this platform for the convenience and security of the users. Here is a step by step account of how to login into your Hotmail account in the new platform.
How to access Hotmail.com account
When you wish to login Hotmail account, you need to go for a new domain, the Outlook.com:
- Login access can be found in the users of Hotmail.com as well as the users of the new Outlook mail service.
- The best new email features are made available to both sets of users on this platform.
- When one wishes to account they need to follow the steps as mentioned below.
- One needs to type in Hotmail login sign in the domain Outlook.com in their browser.
- When the main page opens up, one needs to type in their email address in full.
- This can be alternated by one’s phone number as well.
- The next field asks for the password which needs to be keyed in to complete the login process.
Once the login process is successfully completed, you will be redirected to your inbox. The inbox of Hotmail remains the same with Read More…
Hotmail was one of the pioneering email services that were launched at the time when free email service was a novelty. It introduced the concept of web based email service. Hotmail since then changed ownership and was soon brought under the flagship of Microsoft.
Process of creation of Hotmail account
- Log onto the Outlook domain or even if you come on Hotmail domain, you will be redirected to Outlook.
- Here you will find the sign in page on the main website.
- You can choose to sign up for a new Hotmail account by clicking the link offering new users a Microsoft account.
- At the sign up page, one would have to provide some necessary details. These pertain to choosing a username. At this time one could choose to opt for a Hotmail or Outlook address. However, Microsoft is currently in the process of integrating Hotmail with Outlook and the latter domain is encouraged for all new users.
- Once the username is chosen, the password needs to be chosen in a combination of alphanumeric characters from a certain number.
The other details that need to be provided are the sex or gender of the person, date of birth and a valid street address. A valid phone number needs to be provided as well, which becomes part of the 2-step verification process Read More…
When one wishes to log into their Hotmail account they need to do so through the Outlook domain. Even if one is not aware of these changes, one will be redirected to this domain when they type in www.Hotmail.com into their web browser. The email accounts of all Hotmail users remain the same and they have been simply integrated with the Outlook domain.
Login steps for Hotmail
Here are the steps to follow when one wishes to log into their Hotmail account:
- You need to open a new web browser and type in www.Hotmail.com or www.Outlook.com in order to be redirected to the login page.
- The login fields are present on the right hand section of the main page.
- Once the cursor is brought to the username field, one can type in their email address in full. This is one point where one needs to deviate from their usual logging in ritual. Here one needs to type in the email address in full and partial username details will not help as the login fields will take in Outlook as well as Hotmail addresses as well.
- The next field to enter the details is the password field. Here the password needs to be typed as before and the field is case sensitive which needs to be kept in mind.
- Once the password is keyed in the right, one will get access to their Hotmail account.
The account holds the same details, emails, groups and contacts as before and there are added features in the inbox like integration with Microsoft’s cloud service OneDrive, social media integration features and others.
Hotmail.com Help and their solutions
For those who have a problem signing in, they can follow the options given below to overcome the dilemma of not Read More…
If you wish to sign up for a Hotmail account the process is an easy one. This is a legendary email service, one of the firsts when the internet just started and web based email was a novelty concept. It remains a free service even today, though the ownership has changed hands and it has come under the Microsoft. The email service comes with several new features since it has been integrated with the other email services offered by Microsoft.
The sign up Hotmail process
For those who wish to be part of the legendary Hotmail service they can sign up for a new account in the following way:
- One can type in domains like Hotmail.com, Live or Outlook.com where there are links present that will take one of the Outlook domains for opening up or logging into a Microsoft account.
- As all email services of Microsoft have been integrated, for existing users of Outlook, Hotmail and other services like MSN, the login access has become common.
- If one wishes to sign up for a new Hotmail account, they will find the sign up link for a new Microsoft account.
- Today Hotmail domain has ceased to exist and has been integrated with Outlook. All users, new and old, are using Microsoft accounts under a unified identity. The fields that are marked by an asterisk will have to be filled in.
- You can start by choosing a username which will be a unique ID for Windows. You will be given a number of choices to make your selection easier. The next step is to choose a strong password which needs to be by a combination of alphanumeric characters which will be easily remembered by you. There are other details that you need to provide like a valid street address, gender and location.
- The other security questions that need to be answered pertain to providing an alternate email address as well as a security question whose answer will be remembered by you easily.
The process of signing up for a new account is completed when one agrees to the terms and conditions provided on the sign up form.
New Hotmail account advantages
The advantages and features of hotmail sign in account are as follows:
- It comes with 5GB of free storage, which allows one to use their email account extensively, both for professional and personal use.
- It is integrated with the other services of Microsoft like Windows Live, OneDrive, Xbox, Skype and other services under the Microsoft banner.
The other steps to complete are the additional security questions to be answered for the two step verification process. These comprise of providing a valid phone number that needs to be verified which can be used for the login process as well as a security question whose answer needs to be provided. You can click here to more information.
These are some of the vital steps to be completed for signing up for a new account on Hotmail, in the unified domain of Microsoft and to avail of the latest features and updates.
Those who have been faithful users of Hotmail might still be using their account today and thanks to the new integrated Outlook platform, there are many new features and amenities that they can enjoy while still holding onto their old account. Microsoft had acquired Hotmail in the early days of the service and even though Hotmail often floundered in terms of security and spam aspects, today it still continues strong
and there are hundreds and millions of subscribers who are benefiting from the updated features that Microsoft provides them.
Access to Hotmail account
For those who wish to access their Hotmail account they can do so in the following way:
- Whether one type in Hotmail, Live or Outlook, they will be redirected to the same domain of Outlook: www.hotmail.com wherein lies the access to all email user accounts under the Microsoft platform.
- The Hotmail users can sign in by keying in their full email address in the username field and the password in the subsequent field.
- There are ways of using the single user code in case one has forgotten their password and wish to retrieve the same. If one has a registered phone number in their account, they can use the single user code that explain in this review to gain access to their account and update the security features.
Once the login is completed, one is led to the new inbox which has several new features on offer: Read More…