Before you think about signing into a Hotmail account, you should first have a Hotmail account created. If you do not have an account, then visit www.hotmail.com and choose the sign up for Hotmail account option. Follow the instructions one by one to create your Hotmail account. Once you have created a Hotmail account, the following are the easy steps involved in signing into the Hotmail inbox.
- Open the web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and then type www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com in the address bar.
- If you type hotmail.com in the address bar, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page. You can sign in to Hotmail from its page.
- You will come across two type boxes on the screen. Click inside the first type box to enter your username or email address. This will be @hotmail.com.
- Once done, move the cursor to the next type box and click inside it. Here, you will have to enter your Hotmail password. Make sure you are entering the exact password that you used when creating the Hotmail account.
- Finally, click on the sign in option and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox.
Continue reading Inbox Hotmail Sign In Account
Use SSL encrypted login
- Hotmail provides the users the option to use SSL encrypted login for the various accounts. You will be able to use this by going to the account settings page at https://account.live.com/ManageSSL.
- You can also go to https://www.hotmail.com and when you are first signing in, you will be asked whether you want to do login using SSL always. Using the SSL will keep your Hotmail login secure from hackers.
- Using HTTPS will be highly useful if you regularly use public computers to access your account or when you use unsecure Wi-Fi connections. You can either opt for the automatic HTTPS connection or you can use them selectively by opting for “don’t use HTTPS automatically.
- If you are looking for temporary HTTPS, then you can enter https instead of http in front of the web address.
Use URL for login
There are many newsletters and emails which provide links to login to your Hotmail account. You should not use these links to access the Hotmail login. You can type in the URL https://www.hotmail.com or you can use mail.live.com to access Hotmail. This will prevent the fraudsters from accessing your Hotmail login details. Even though you go to the Hotmail URL, you will be directed to Outlook.com for accessing your Hotmail account as Hotmail has been rebranded as Outlook.com with Microsoft. The outlook is modern and offers complete privacy. You will be in total control of your personal conversations and data. It will work for various devices such as PC, smart phones, tablet, Mac, etc. Continue reading Hotmail Login Tips To Access
Creating Hotmail account
If you are new to Hotmail, then follow this simple step by step guide to easily create Hotmail account.
- Visit Hotmail’s official website page www.hotmail.com. You will automatically be directed to the Windows Live page.
- Locate sign up option and click on it. It will be seen in blue color and just below the login form.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft account creation page. You should fill up the form with basic as well as security information is asked to create a Hotmail account.
- Enter your personal details like first and last name, birthdate, gender, country/region, country code, phone number and alternate email address correctly in the appropriate boxes.
What to do after entering all the basic information? The most important and crucial segment of the Hotmail sign up-process follows.
Continue reading Hotmail Sign In Login