If you are looking to sign in Hotmail account which you have not accessed for long, there might be certain changes which you might notice. For instance, the account can be accessed through different domains and it is no longer restricted to Hotmail domain. Here are the alternative domains that you can visit to access your Hotmail account – Hotmail domain, MSN or Live domain of Microsoft or Outlook domain. No matter which domain address you type, you will be redirected to the latest domain that is Outlook and here show the process.
Login Help Hotmail
Once you are on the main page of Outlook clicking here you will find the following steps will take you to your Hotmail account:
- The main page of Outlook has the option to key in the login details on the right hand section of the page.
- The first field is the username field. Here one needs to key in the full email address. Whether one has an Outlook or a Hotmail account they will have to key in the full address in the username field.
- The second field takes in password details. The password needs to be typed in as it was originally set. The case sensitive password should be typed as before in order to gain full access to one’s account.
The benefits of getting into Hotmail account through the Outlook interface are several. Most of the enhanced security features, email inbox features and additional amenities like OneDrive, Xbox membership and other Microsoft benefits can now be linked to one’s account, whether in Hotmail or Outlook. What’s more, one can transfer their Hotmail account to an Outlook account seamlessly through this interface.
Login Hotmail problems that might occur
There might be problems that one encounters at the time of trying to login to their Hotmail account:
- Username might not be typed in full as the full email address needs to be keyed in.
- The password might be typed wrong.
While it is easier to remember the username, one might forget their password often. For that reason it makes sense to choose the single use code feature to log in. This is a convenience offered by Microsoft to all users who are trying to access their different accounts through the Outlook.com site. This single use code feature can be used when one has a registered phone number on their account from before. A security code is sent to the phone and these needs to be keyed in at the time of logging in. When this feature is used every time, it helps one to avoid having to key in their password every time.
What can we conclude from all this
The other way of making the login process faster is to choose the option of remembering the password on the computer, especially if the computer is for personal use. This saves one time of having to key in their password every time they wish to access their Hotmail account. These steps when diligently followed, will lead to the successful and smooth login, and sign in to one’s email account.