When one wishes to log into their Hotmail account they need to do so through the Outlook domain. Even if one is not aware of these changes, one will be redirected to this domain when they type in www.Hotmail.com into their web browser. The email accounts of all Hotmail users remain the same and they have been simply integrated with the Outlook domain.
Login steps for Hotmail
Here are the steps to follow when one wishes to log into their Hotmail account:
- You need to open a new web browser and type in www.Hotmail.com or www.Outlook.com in order to be redirected to the login page.
- The login fields are present on the right hand section of the main page.
- Once the cursor is brought to the username field, one can type in their email address in full. This is one point where one needs to deviate from their usual logging in ritual. Here one needs to type in the email address in full and partial username details will not help as the login fields will take in Outlook as well as Hotmail addresses as well.
- The next field to enter the details is the password field. Here the password needs to be typed as before and the field is case sensitive which needs to be kept in mind.
- Once the password is keyed in the right, one will get access to their Hotmail account.
The account holds the same details, emails, groups and contacts as before and there are added features in the inbox like integration with Microsoft’s cloud service OneDrive, social media integration features and others.
Hotmail.com Help and their solutions
For those who have a problem signing in, they can follow the options given below to overcome the dilemma of not being able to sign into their Hotmail account:
- Ensure that the password you enter is in the right case as it tends to be case sensitive.
- In case one is not able to remember their password, one can use the single code use access feature in order to get access to their account. For this feature one needs to have a valid phone number registered in the account from before. This is encouraged by Microsoft through the 2-step verification feature. One can go to their account settings and update their phone number and provide an alternate email address as well as part of the two step verification feature. With the phone number registered, one can use the single user code to log into their email account every time. This will allow one to key in the single code that is sent to their phone number as a text and then access their account. This is a more secured way of accessing one’s email address especially through a shared computer.
- Select the option to save the password if you log in through a personal computer. This will help you skip the part of keying in the password every time.
These are some ways one can log in smoothly into their Hotmail account and avoid being stuck with problems like having forgotten one’s password.