Creating Hotmail account
In order to log in to Hotmail, you must first create a Microsoft account. If you are thinking as to how to create a Hotmail account, then you just need to see the instructions below.
The following are the steps you need to follow to easily create a Hotmail account.
- Visit the Microsoft sign in page using your web browser.
- As you are looking to create an account, look for the ‘sign up now’ option on the bottom half of the Microsoft sign in page and click on it.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft create an account page.
- Here, you need to fist key in your first name, followed by your desired username and the password that you would like to use for the account. Also, reenter the password once more.
- Next, you need to fill in a few personal particulars as asked for in the appropriate boxes.
- Make sure you enter your alternate email address and your phone number correctly so that you get your password delivered in them if you loose it.
- Finally, enter the security code provided at the bottom to show that you are a human looking to open a Microsoft account.
- Then click on ‘create account’ to complete signing up for Microsoft.
Now that you have created your Microsoft account, you need to see the following information in order to easily log in to your Hotmail account that you have just created.
How to log in to Hotmail?
The following is the step by step procedure that you should follow in order to successfully sign into your Hotmail account and to send and receive emails from your account.
- Open a new web browser and type www.hotmail.com. You will instantly be taken to the Microsoft Outlook or the Microsoft’s log in page.
- You will find two type boxes on your screen. The first one with someone @ example dot com seen is for your username.
- In this box, you will have to type in the username that you have created and it should end with @hotmail.com. Ensure that you enter each and every character of the username correctly. One missed letter or number or special characters mean that you will not be allowed access to your Hotmail account.
- The next type box with password written in it is for your Hotmail account password. Hover the cursor inside the box and then click your mouse button. The cursor will start blinking in the box. Here, you need to enter your password.
- Like the username, you should make sure that all characters of the password are entered properly as they are case sensitive.
- After both fields are entered correctly, just click on the Sign-in option. If Hotmail accepts the keyed in username and password, you will be given access to your Hotmail inbox.
- You can check out your received emails and even reply to them from your inbox.
Keep me signed in option
If you are the only one using your computer, then you can activate the ‘keep me signed in option’.
You need to first visit the sign in page of Hotmail account. On the page, you should enter your Hotmail username and password that you have used to create the account in the appropriate boxes. After this, just click on the small box that you see next to the ‘keep me signed in’ option. After this click on ‘sign in’ option to enter your Hotmail account inbox. From next time, whenever you go to the Hotmail sign in page, you will only be asked for your password. Enter it correctly and click sign in to access your Hotmail emails.
Hotmail is the first free web based email service offered on the internet. It is a very popular email service that has millions and millions of users from all corners of the globe using it to send messages, files, documents, photos and URL links to their friends, business associates, relatives and colleagues. Hotmail is a very useful tool and it is owned by none other than the software giant Microsoft. After this company taking over the Hotmail web based email service, there have been plenty of changes that Hotmail had to undergo. Now, it is known as the Microsoft account and not Hotmail anymore. But, still you get to access your Hotmail old account by signing into the Microsoft account.
With your existing Hotmail email id and password, you can have access to everything that Microsoft web services has to offer like OneDrive, Xbox Live, Microsoft Calendar, etc. This is a very easy way to access everything that Microsoft offers on the web without needing to remember different usernames and passwords for each and every web based service. You just need one username and a strong password to access all the services and it cannot get easier than this.