Those who have Hotmail accounts have probably been using the service for a long time. Though Hotmail has undergone several domain changes, the association of the first web based free email service has kept many people loyal users of this email service even when there were several flaws found in Hotmail like a weak security feature, lack of advanced email facilities as offered by the competitors and so forth.
Signing in Hotmail process
Today when you wish to access your existing Hotmail account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- There are several domains through which Hotmail has been accessed by the users over the past years. For instance, Hotmail was firstly found on its own domain as well as MSN after it was taken over by Microsoft. Soon Microsoft moved it to the Live domain. Today the latest platform where all email services of Microsoft are housed is the Outlook domain where Hotmail users are also redirected to. A user does not need to remember these details as no matter which domain one visits, there is a redirection link to the Outlook domain.
- Once you come into the Outlook domain, you need not be confused when you do not find Hotmail mentioned anywhere. Most users have been informed of this change and they are aware of the same. In case one is not aware, they can simply type in their Hotmail address and password and then proceed to be redirected to their inbox.
- There are certain points to note at the time of logging into one’s Hotmail account through the Outlook platform. The full email addresses needs to be typed in and the password in the right case as well.
After this one can access their inbox as before through Outlook platform has offered several new features of Hotmail users. There might occur certain issues at the time of logging in, which can be Continue reading Hotmail Login
Hotmail was one of the first web based email services that were introduced in the nineties and today it has become part of the offerings of Microsoft. Those who have held onto their Hotmail account for decades can continue to do so, though there have been changes that have been brought about on this platform for the convenience and security of the users. Here is a step by step account of how to login into your Hotmail account in the new platform.
How to access Hotmail.com account
When you wish to login Hotmail account, you need to go for a new domain, the Outlook.com:
- Login access can be found in the users of Hotmail.com as well as the users of the new Outlook mail service.
- The best new email features are made available to both sets of users on this platform.
- When one wishes to account they need to follow the steps as mentioned below.
- One needs to type in Hotmail login sign in the domain Outlook.com in their browser.
- When the main page opens up, one needs to type in their email address in full.
- This can be alternated by one’s phone number as well.
- The next field asks for the password which needs to be keyed in to complete the login process.
Once the login process is successfully completed, you will be redirected to your inbox. The inbox of Hotmail remains the same with Continue reading Hotmail Sign in
When one wishes to log into their Hotmail account they need to do so through the Outlook domain. Even if one is not aware of these changes, one will be redirected to this domain when they type in www.Hotmail.com into their web browser. The email accounts of all Hotmail users remain the same and they have been simply integrated with the Outlook domain.
Login steps for Hotmail
Here are the steps to follow when one wishes to log into their Hotmail account:
- You need to open a new web browser and type in www.Hotmail.com or www.Outlook.com in order to be redirected to the login page.
- The login fields are present on the right hand section of the main page.
- Once the cursor is brought to the username field, one can type in their email address in full. This is one point where one needs to deviate from their usual logging in ritual. Here one needs to type in the email address in full and partial username details will not help as the login fields will take in Outlook as well as Hotmail addresses as well.
- The next field to enter the details is the password field. Here the password needs to be typed as before and the field is case sensitive which needs to be kept in mind.
- Once the password is keyed in the right, one will get access to their Hotmail account.
The account holds the same details, emails, groups and contacts as before and there are added features in the inbox like integration with Microsoft’s cloud service OneDrive, social media integration features and others.
Hotmail.com Help and their solutions
For those who have a problem signing in, they can follow the options given below to overcome the dilemma of not Continue reading Hotmail.com Login
If you wish to sign up for a Hotmail account the process is an easy one. This is a legendary email service, one of the firsts when the internet just started and web based email was a novelty concept. It remains a free service even today, though the ownership has changed hands and it has come under the Microsoft. The email service comes with several new features since it has been integrated with the other email services offered by Microsoft.
The sign up Hotmail process
For those who wish to be part of the legendary Hotmail service they can sign up for a new account in the following way:
- One can type in domains like Hotmail.com, Live or Outlook.com where there are links present that will take one of the Outlook domains for opening up or logging into a Microsoft account.
- As all email services of Microsoft have been integrated, for existing users of Outlook, Hotmail and other services like MSN, the login access has become common.
- If one wishes to sign up for a new Hotmail account, they will find the sign up link< for a new Microsoft account.
- Today Hotmail domain has ceased to exist and has been integrated with Outlook. All users, new and old, are using Microsoft accounts under a unified identity. The fields that are marked by an asterisk will have to be filled in.
- You can start by choosing a username which will be a unique ID for Windows. You will be given a number of choices to make your selection easier. The next step is to choose a strong password which needs to be by a combination of alphanumeric characters which will be easily remembered by you. There are other details that you need to provide like a valid street address, gender and location.
- The other security questions that need to be answered pertain to providing an alternate email address as well as a security question whose answer will be remembered by you easily.
The process of signing up for a new account is completed when one agrees to the terms and conditions provided on the sign up form.
New Hotmail account advantages
The advantages and features of hotmail sign in account are as follows:
- It comes with 5GB of free storage, which allows one to use their email account extensively, both for professional and personal use.
- It is integrated with the other services of Microsoft like Windows Live, OneDrive, Xbox, Skype and other services under the Microsoft banner.
The other steps to complete are the additional security questions to be answered for the two step verification process. These comprise of providing a valid phone number that needs to be verified which can be used for the login process as well as a security question whose answer needs to be provided. You can click here to more information.
These are some of the vital steps to be completed for signing up for a new account on Hotmail, in the unified domain of Microsoft and to avail of the latest features and updates.