Those who are looking around to create a Hotmail account will simply have to visit the Outlook domain. This is the unified platform of Microsoft, which houses all the email services of Microsoft. This company bought off Hotmail.com in the early days when it was the pioneer web based email service. Today the same service has been moved through several domains, and finally unified with Outlook in a single platform.
How to create a new account
The steps to create a new account remain as the following:
- The choice of a username is the first field to be selected. Though one can opt for a Hotmail account that will serve as an alias as the real domain will remain in Outlook.
- The next step is the choice of a strong password that needs to be a combination of alphanumeric characters. The password has to be approved by the system as well as easily remembered by you.
- The other details that need to be furnished are standard details like location, gender, address and certain security details to use for the two step verification process.
- Once the terms and conditions are agreed upon and the captcha code is entered, your account will be successfully created.
New Hotmail account features
Creating a new account in Outlook can provide certain advantages:
- Along with Outlook as the new web based email service of Microsoft, all existing Hotmail users can also avail of the new features, amenities and links that Microsoft offers on this platform.
- Security features have been enhanced.
- A single Hotmail account is synonymous to being a Microsoft account that will provide one access to several new services and apps.
- Changed look of the mail arrangement and ease of grouping mails or adding folders and categories.
- Sync with social media accounts is possible.
- One can avail of extra storage facility on OneDrive.
These are some of the unique benefits of a new account on the Microsoft interface.
There are certain security related questions and their inputs are necessary at the time of creation of the account. Though these details can be provided later on by accessing the security options tab, it is beneficial to complete the process at the beginning so that all necessary recovery information is provided to safeguard your account from fraudulent entry attempts.
How to safeguard your account
- You need to provide an alternate email address.
- You will be prompted to enter a valid phone number which needs to be validated.
- A security question and answer needs to be chosen as well.
These inputs will help to safeguard your account. You may choose to activate the two step verification process by which one would have to key in the code that is sent to your phone number as well as enter the answer to your secret question successfully in order to access your account. If one wishes to create a secure email account in Outlook or Hotmail, the above information will come of use. These are the steps to be followed to set up a secure Hotmail account in the Microsoft domain.