Those who have Hotmail accounts have probably been using the service for a long time. Though Hotmail has undergone several domain changes, the association of the first web based free email service has kept many people loyal users of this email service even when there were several flaws found in Hotmail like a weak security feature, lack of advanced email facilities as offered by the competitors and so forth.
Signing in Hotmail process
Today when you wish to access your existing Hotmail account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- There are several domains through which Hotmail has been accessed by the users over the past years. For instance, Hotmail was firstly found on its own domain as well as MSN after it was taken over by Microsoft. Soon Microsoft moved it to the Live domain. Today the latest platform where all email services of Microsoft are housed is the Outlook domain where Hotmail users are also redirected to. A user does not need to remember these details as no matter which domain one visits, there is a redirection link to the Outlook domain.
- Once you come into the Outlook domain, you need not be confused when you do not find Hotmail mentioned anywhere. Most users have been informed of this change and they are aware of the same. In case one is not aware, they can simply type in their Hotmail address and password and then proceed to be redirected to their inbox.
- There are certain points to note at the time of logging into one’s Hotmail account through the Outlook platform. The full email addresses needs to be typed in and the password in the right case as well.
After this one can access their inbox as before through Outlook platform has offered several new features of Hotmail users. There might occur certain issues at the time of logging in, which can be Continue reading Hotmail Login
If you wish to sign up for a Hotmail account the process is an easy one. This is a legendary email service, one of the firsts when the internet just started and web based email was a novelty concept. It remains a free service even today, though the ownership has changed hands and it has come under the Microsoft. The email service comes with several new features since it has been integrated with the other email services offered by Microsoft.
The sign up Hotmail process
For those who wish to be part of the legendary Hotmail service they can sign up for a new account in the following way:
- One can type in domains like Hotmail.com, Live or Outlook.com where there are links present that will take one of the Outlook domains for opening up or logging into a Microsoft account.
- As all email services of Microsoft have been integrated, for existing users of Outlook, Hotmail and other services like MSN, the login access has become common.
- If one wishes to sign up for a new Hotmail account, they will find the sign up link< for a new Microsoft account.
- Today Hotmail domain has ceased to exist and has been integrated with Outlook. All users, new and old, are using Microsoft accounts under a unified identity. The fields that are marked by an asterisk will have to be filled in.
- You can start by choosing a username which will be a unique ID for Windows. You will be given a number of choices to make your selection easier. The next step is to choose a strong password which needs to be by a combination of alphanumeric characters which will be easily remembered by you. There are other details that you need to provide like a valid street address, gender and location.
- The other security questions that need to be answered pertain to providing an alternate email address as well as a security question whose answer will be remembered by you easily.
The process of signing up for a new account is completed when one agrees to the terms and conditions provided on the sign up form.
New Hotmail account advantages
The advantages and features of hotmail sign in account are as follows:
- It comes with 5GB of free storage, which allows one to use their email account extensively, both for professional and personal use.
- It is integrated with the other services of Microsoft like Windows Live, OneDrive, Xbox, Skype and other services under the Microsoft banner.
The other steps to complete are the additional security questions to be answered for the two step verification process. These comprise of providing a valid phone number that needs to be verified which can be used for the login process as well as a security question whose answer needs to be provided. You can click here to more information.
These are some of the vital steps to be completed for signing up for a new account on Hotmail, in the unified domain of Microsoft and to avail of the latest features and updates.
Those who have been faithful users of Hotmail might still be using their account today and thanks to the new integrated Outlook platform, there are many new features and amenities that they can enjoy while still holding onto their old account. Microsoft had acquired Hotmail in the early days of the service and even though Hotmail often floundered in terms of security and spam aspects, today it still continues strong
and there are hundreds and millions of subscribers who are benefiting from the updated features that Microsoft provides them.
Access to Hotmail account
For those who wish to access their Hotmail account they can do so in the following way:
- Whether one type in Hotmail, Live or Outlook, they will be redirected to the same domain of Outlook: www.hotmail.com wherein lies the access to all email user accounts under the Microsoft platform.
- The Hotmail users can sign in by keying in their full email address in the username field and the password in the subsequent field.
- There are ways of using the single user code in case one has forgotten their password and wish to retrieve the same. If one has a registered phone number in their account, they can use the single user code that explain in this review to gain access to their account and update the security features.
Once the login is completed, one is led to the new inbox which has several new features on offer: Continue reading Hotmail Inbox Features compares with Outlook mail
Those who are looking around to create a Hotmail account will simply have to visit the Outlook domain. This is the unified platform of Microsoft, which houses all the email services of Microsoft. This company bought off Hotmail.com in the early days when it was the pioneer web based email service. Today the same service has been moved through several domains, and finally unified with Outlook in a single platform.
How to create a new account
The steps to create a new account remain as the following:
- The choice of a username is the first field to be selected. Though one can opt for a Hotmail account that will serve as an alias as the real domain will remain in Outlook.
- The next step is the choice of a strong password that needs to be a combination of alphanumeric characters. The password has to be approved by the system as well as easily remembered by you.
- The other details that need to be furnished are standard details like location, gender, address and certain security details to use for the two step verification process.
- Once the terms and conditions are agreed upon and the captcha code is entered, your account will be successfully created.
New Hotmail account features
Creating a new account in Outlook can provide certain advantages:
- Along with Outlook as the new web based email service of Microsoft, all existing Hotmail users can also avail of the new features, amenities and links that Microsoft offers on this platform.
- Security features have been enhanced.
- A single Hotmail account is synonymous to being a Microsoft account that will provide one access to several new services and apps.
- Changed look of the mail arrangement and ease of grouping mails or adding folders and categories.
- Sync with social media accounts is possible.
- One can avail of extra storage facility on OneDrive.
These are some of the unique benefits of a new account on the Microsoft interface.
There are certain security related questions and their inputs are necessary at the time of Continue reading Hotmail Features vs Outlook