Those who have Hotmail accounts have probably been using the service for a long time. Though Hotmail has undergone several domain changes, the association of the first web based free email service has kept many people loyal users of this email service even when there were several flaws found in Hotmail like a weak security feature, lack of advanced email facilities as offered by the competitors and so forth.
Signing in Hotmail process
- There are several domains through which Hotmail has been accessed by the users over the past years. For instance, Hotmail was firstly found on its own domain as well as MSN after it was taken over by Microsoft. Soon Microsoft moved it to the Live domain. Today the latest platform where all email services of Microsoft are housed is the Outlook domain where Hotmail users are also redirected to. A user does not need to remember these details as no matter which domain one visits, there is a redirection link to the Outlook domain.
- Once you come into the Outlook domain, you need not be confused when you do not find Hotmail mentioned anywhere. Most users have been informed of this change and they are aware of the same. In case one is not aware, they can simply type in their Hotmail address and password and then proceed to be redirected to their inbox.
- There are certain points to note at the time of logging into one’s Hotmail account through the Outlook platform. The full email addresses needs to be typed in and the password in the right case as well.
After this one can access their inbox as before through Outlook platform has offered several new features of Hotmail users. There might occur certain issues at the time of logging in, which can be avoided if certain precautions are taken.
Hotmail login and special considerations
- Type in your email address in full in the field where the username is prompted for. In case one has forgotten their email address and has not accessed the inbox for long, they can also sign in with their phone number.
- The password needs to be keyed in as before and this is case sensitive as well. For those who have forgotten their password they can opt to sign in with a single use code. This is possible only when one has registered a valid phone number as part of the security measures for an account. The single use code frees one from having to remember and key in their password every time. They can simply opt for the single use code that will be texted to your phone number and can be typed in to log into one’s account. This also ensures greater security at the time of logging into one’s account.
These points can help one to stay updated about the changes that have come by on the Outlook platform which now houses the Hotmail accounts.