Hotmail was one of the first web based email services that were introduced in the nineties and today it has become part of the offerings of Microsoft. Those who have held onto their Hotmail account for decades can continue to do so, though there have been changes that have been brought about on this platform for the convenience and security of the users. Here is a step by step account of how to login into your Hotmail account in the new platform.
How to access Hotmail.com account
When you wish to login Hotmail account, you need to go for a new domain, the Outlook.com:
- Login access can be found in the users of Hotmail.com as well as the users of the new Outlook mail service.
- The best new email features are made available to both sets of users on this platform.
- When one wishes to account they need to follow the steps as mentioned below.
- One needs to type in Hotmail login sign in the domain Outlook.com in their browser.
- When the main page opens up, one needs to type in their email address in full.
- This can be alternated by one’s phone number as well.
- The next field asks for the password which needs to be keyed in to complete the login process.
Once the login process is successfully completed, you will be redirected to your inbox. The inbox of Hotmail remains the same with some new features and a new look.
New inbox features
There are several advantages and features added which allow one to group their messages or label them, connect to social media accounts directly through the inbox and so forth. There are several features offered by Microsoft that become part of one’s inbox features as well. For instance, a free virtual storage facility is offered on OneDrive, which is the cloud service of Microsoft and this helps to greatly enhance the storage and sharing facilities for the Hotmail users.
Problems that might arise
There might be some problems that one might encounter when trying to login to their Hotmail account. For instance:
- Not knowing which domain to log onto. For instance, Hotmail has undergone several domain changes since the service was taken over by Microsoft.
- From being available on Hotmail it was transferred to MSN and after that it became part of the live domain after which it has now been integrated with Outlook.com domain. However, there is not a problem even if one is not aware of which domain address to type.
- Any of these domains will redirect one to the Outlook.com domain for accessing the Hotmail account.
- In case one has forgotten their password they can opt for the single user code to sign in.
- For those who have registered their phone numbers as well can avail of this option.
- It allows one to sign in with the code that is texted to their registered number which helps one to log in even when they have forgotten their password and it enables one to access their account and even reset the password to their account.
Knowing these points will help one to avoid any problem that they might encounter at the time of logging into their Hotmail account.