Creating Hotmail account
In order to log in to Hotmail, you must first create a Microsoft account. If you are thinking as to how to create a Hotmail account, then you just need to see the instructions below.
The following are the steps you need to follow to easily create a Hotmail account.
- Visit the Microsoft sign in page using your web browser.
- As you are looking to create an account, look for the ‘sign up now’ option on the bottom half of the Microsoft sign in page and click on it.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft create an account page.
- Here, you need to fist key in your first name, followed by your desired username and the password that you would like to use for the account. Also, reenter the password once more.
- Next, you need to fill in a few personal particulars as asked for in the appropriate boxes.
- Make sure you enter your alternate email address and your phone number correctly so that you get your password delivered in them if you loose it.
- Finally, enter the security code provided at the bottom to show that you are a human looking to open a Microsoft account.
- Then click on ‘create account’ to complete signing up for Microsoft.
Now that you have created your Microsoft account, you need to see the following information in Continue reading Hotmail.com Sign In
Hotmail was one of the pioneering email services that were launched at the time when free email service was a novelty. It introduced the concept of web based email service. Hotmail since then changed ownership and was soon brought under the flagship of Microsoft.
Process of creation of Hotmail account
- Log onto the Outlook domain or even if you come on Hotmail domain, you will be redirected to Outlook.
- Here you will find the sign in page on the main website.
- You can choose to sign up for a new Hotmail account by clicking the link offering new users a Microsoft account.
- At the sign up page, one would have to provide some necessary details. These pertain to choosing a username. At this time one could choose to opt for a Hotmail or Outlook address. However, Microsoft is currently in the process of integrating Hotmail with Outlook and the latter domain is encouraged for all new users.
- Once the username is chosen, the password needs to be chosen in a combination of alphanumeric characters from a certain number.
The other details that need to be provided are the sex or gender of the person, date of birth and a valid street address. A valid phone number needs to be provided as well, which becomes part of the 2-step verification process Continue reading Create Hotmail Account
When one wishes to log into their Hotmail account they need to do so through the Outlook domain. Even if one is not aware of these changes, one will be redirected to this domain when they type in www.Hotmail.com into their web browser. The email accounts of all Hotmail users remain the same and they have been simply integrated with the Outlook domain.
Login steps for Hotmail
Here are the steps to follow when one wishes to log into their Hotmail account:
- You need to open a new web browser and type in www.Hotmail.com or www.Outlook.com in order to be redirected to the login page.
- The login fields are present on the right hand section of the main page.
- Once the cursor is brought to the username field, one can type in their email address in full. This is one point where one needs to deviate from their usual logging in ritual. Here one needs to type in the email address in full and partial username details will not help as the login fields will take in Outlook as well as Hotmail addresses as well.
- The next field to enter the details is the password field. Here the password needs to be typed as before and the field is case sensitive which needs to be kept in mind.
- Once the password is keyed in the right, one will get access to their Hotmail account.
The account holds the same details, emails, groups and contacts as before and there are added features in the inbox like integration with Microsoft’s cloud service OneDrive, social media integration features and others.
Hotmail.com Help and their solutions
For those who have a problem signing in, they can follow the options given below to overcome the dilemma of not Continue reading Hotmail.com Login
Those who have been faithful users of Hotmail might still be using their account today and thanks to the new integrated Outlook platform, there are many new features and amenities that they can enjoy while still holding onto their old account. Microsoft had acquired Hotmail in the early days of the service and even though Hotmail often floundered in terms of security and spam aspects, today it still continues strong
and there are hundreds and millions of subscribers who are benefiting from the updated features that Microsoft provides them.
Access to Hotmail account
For those who wish to access their Hotmail account they can do so in the following way:
- Whether one type in Hotmail, Live or Outlook, they will be redirected to the same domain of Outlook: www.hotmail.com wherein lies the access to all email user accounts under the Microsoft platform.
- The Hotmail users can sign in by keying in their full email address in the username field and the password in the subsequent field.
- There are ways of using the single user code in case one has forgotten their password and wish to retrieve the same. If one has a registered phone number in their account, they can use the single user code that explain in this review to gain access to their account and update the security features.
Once the login is completed, one is led to the new inbox which has several new features on offer: Continue reading Hotmail Inbox Features compares with Outlook mail
If you are looking to sign in Hotmail account which you have not accessed for long, there might be certain changes which you might notice. For instance, the account can be accessed through different domains and it is no longer restricted to Hotmail domain. Here are the alternative domains that you can visit to access your Hotmail account – Hotmail domain, MSN or Live domain of Microsoft or Outlook domain. No matter which domain address you type, you will be redirected to the latest domain that is Outlook and here show the process.
Login Help Hotmail
Once you are on the main page of Outlook clicking here you will find the following steps will take you to your Hotmail account:
- The main page of Outlook has the option to key in the login details on the right hand section of the page.
- The first field is the username field. Here one needs to key in the full email address. Whether one has an Outlook or a Hotmail account they will have to key in the full address in the username field.
- The second field takes in password details. The password needs to be typed in as it was originally set. The case sensitive password should be typed as before in order to gain full access to one’s account.
The benefits of getting into Hotmail account through the Outlook interface are several. Most of the enhanced security features, email inbox features and additional amenities like OneDrive, Xbox membership and other Microsoft benefits can now be linked to one’s account, whether in Hotmail or Outlook. What’s more, one can transfer their Hotmail account to an Outlook account seamlessly through this interface.
Login Hotmail problems that might occur
There might be problems that one encounters at the time of trying to login to their Hotmail account:
- Username might not be typed in full as the full email address needs to be keyed in.
- The password might be typed wrong.
While it is easier to remember the username, one might forget their password often. For that reason it makes sense to choose the single use code feature to log in. This is a convenience offered by Microsoft to all users who are trying to access Continue reading Hotmail.com Login Sign in
Those who are looking around to create a Hotmail account will simply have to visit the Outlook domain. This is the unified platform of Microsoft, which houses all the email services of Microsoft. This company bought off Hotmail.com in the early days when it was the pioneer web based email service. Today the same service has been moved through several domains, and finally unified with Outlook in a single platform.
How to create a new account
The steps to create a new account remain as the following:
- The choice of a username is the first field to be selected. Though one can opt for a Hotmail account that will serve as an alias as the real domain will remain in Outlook.
- The next step is the choice of a strong password that needs to be a combination of alphanumeric characters. The password has to be approved by the system as well as easily remembered by you.
- The other details that need to be furnished are standard details like location, gender, address and certain security details to use for the two step verification process.
- Once the terms and conditions are agreed upon and the captcha code is entered, your account will be successfully created.
New Hotmail account features
Creating a new account in Outlook can provide certain advantages:
- Along with Outlook as the new web based email service of Microsoft, all existing Hotmail users can also avail of the new features, amenities and links that Microsoft offers on this platform.
- Security features have been enhanced.
- A single Hotmail account is synonymous to being a Microsoft account that will provide one access to several new services and apps.
- Changed look of the mail arrangement and ease of grouping mails or adding folders and categories.
- Sync with social media accounts is possible.
- One can avail of extra storage facility on OneDrive.
These are some of the unique benefits of a new account on the Microsoft interface.
There are certain security related questions and their inputs are necessary at the time of Continue reading Hotmail Features vs Outlook