Before you think about signing into a Hotmail account, you should first have a Hotmail account created. If you do not have an account, then visit www.hotmail.com and choose the sign up for Hotmail account option. Follow the instructions one by one to create your Hotmail account. Once you have created a Hotmail account, the following are the easy steps involved in signing into the Hotmail inbox.
- Open the web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and then type www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com in the address bar.
- If you type hotmail.com in the address bar, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page. You can sign in to Hotmail from its page.
- You will come across two type boxes on the screen. Click inside the first type box to enter your username or email address. This will be @hotmail.com.
- Once done, move the cursor to the next type box and click inside it. Here, you will have to enter your Hotmail password. Make sure you are entering the exact password that you used when creating the Hotmail account.
- Finally, click on the sign in option and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox.
A valid username and password is a must to be re-directed to the Hotmail inbox. If at all you are having trouble signing in, make sure that you reenter the correct username and password to access your Hotmail inbox.
If you want to become a Hotmail inbox user and do not know how to carry out the sign in process, then you have come to the right page. Here, you will be taught the step by step process to Hotmail inbox sign in. Hotmail is the first free web based email service that is now owned by Microsoft. This service has millions of users and is an easy ay to stay connected with friends, family and businesses. Now that Hotmail has got automatically updated to Windows Live Hotmail, many old users of Hotmail are under the confusion on how to sign in to their Hotmail account. The following is the easiest procedure by which you will be able to sign in to Hotmail account.
Hotmail sign in through mobile
These days with the advent of technology people are using their mobile phone more than the computers. If you are a regular traveler and want to access your Hotmail inbox while on the go, then you can access the inbox very easily by accessing the Hotmail inbox mobile site from your phone. The website that you need to visit on your phone to sign in to Hotmail is m.outlook.com. Another easy way to access Hotmail on your mobile is to download the Hotmail app on your phone. The app is offered for free for both Android and iOS device users.
Hotmail sign in through android devices
Before signing in to Hotmail account, you should download the Hotmail mobile app for Android devices.
- Visit the Google Play Store and in the search box, type Hotmail app.
- Locate the app and download it on your Android device. The app will automatically get installed on your device.
- Look for the downloaded Hotmail app on your device and click on it to open it.
- You will have to use your username and password in the appropriate boxes to sign in to your Hotmail inbox. This way you can access your inbox on your mobile phone.
Hotmail sign in using iOS devices
If you are using an iPhone or an iPad, then you too can access your Hotmail inbox on your iOS device. The process is very simple. Visit the Apple iTunes Store and look for the Hotmail app. Download the app for free on your mobile phone or handheld device and then install it. Once it is installed, open the Hotmail app and key in your Hotmail account, sign in details (username and password) in the appropriate fields and you can have instant access to your Hotmail inbox.
Alternative Hotmail sign in options
There are two more ways you can sign in to Hotmail account.
Single code sign in
This is an option offered by Microsoft for users to sign in to their Hotmail inbox without keying in their password.
- Visit the Hotmail sign in page and choose the option “sign in with a single-use code”.
- Just type in Hotmail account username and your phone number in the respective fields.
- Finally, click on the ‘text me the code’ option.
- You will instantly receive a code on your mobile phone. Just type the code in the respective text box to sign in to your Hotmail inbox.
Keep me signed in option
If you are the only person using your computer to access your Hotmail inbox, then you can tick the box next to ‘keep me signed in’ option on the sign in page after entering your username and password. You will be taken to your Hotmail inbox account automatically every time you visit the Hotmail sign in page. For this, you should never sign out from a Hotmail session.